Research and Development
Rhenotherm has been developing individual coating solutions for decades and establishing them on the market.
Since 1970 Dr.-Ing. V. Eigenbrod, the founder of Rhenotherm, with the field of fluoropolymer coating. It has been and still is its ambition to advance development in this field. In the course of his work he has filed and received 6 patents.
In our laboratory, whose equipment is unparalleled, an 5-head team of development engineers works on the continuous improvement of our products.
The available analysis methods enable us to make targeted changes to coating systems and to determine their effects. In our application laboratory, the paints can be professionally mixed, compounded and applied. There are various application techniques available, so that an optimal layer structure can be achieved.
Timeline of government-funded research projects
BMBF funding measure for innovative SMEs
BMWi research project
We are working on a further three projects
BMWi research project
BMBF research project
several AiF research projects
based on PVDF and ECTFE in application for the chemical industry
- Field emission scanning electron microscope (FE-REM)
- Melting Point Analysis (DSC) of Thermoplastics
- Contact angle measurement & determination of surface energy
- IR spectral analysis for the determination of ingredients such as binder resins
- Tactile and non-contact roughness measurement using a stylus instrument
- Adhesion testing and sliding friction measurement by means of tensile testing machine
- Light microscopic analysis
- Creation of 3D reconstructions of the considered surface by digital microscope with motorized optics
- Creation of transverse cuts by means of cutting, grinding and polishing machines
- Cooling finger test to determine the corrosion resistance
You will find further information about the listed analysis methods here.
Long-term and future-oriented research goals, such as the transfer of the lotus effect to coatings or non-stick coatings on CFRP surfaces, are realized in state-funded projects. Over a period of 2-3 years, practice-oriented coating solutions are developed and brought to series maturity. You will find more information here.
The result of our intensive and practice-oriented research work are some patented coating solutions and findings that we like to describe in the form of publications in various specialist journals.